Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Introductions

This is my first blog creation, an assignment in Assessment in E-Learning. I plan to use this blog to journal my progress in class.

This is my 2nd course in the E-Learning certificate program. I took the capstone class last spring but took the summer off. I was surprised that none of my former classmates are enrolled in this class but I was pleased to meet new people. The first classmate I met was Brenda. She became my interview partner and posted the following introduction of me:

I am pleased to introduce to you Jennie Hoffmann. She has worked for 12 years at an Illinois Community College. She is an adjunct instructor and the secretary of the Adult Education department. She has a Masters degree in Education and this is her 2nd class in this program.

Her and her husband will be celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary in October. She has three grown children and a 14 year old granddaughter. She hopes to teach online once she retires.

Brenda from WI

I was pleased to introduce Brenda to the class:

Happy Monday everyone! It's a great start to new week and new class. I had the pleasure of "meeting" Brenda this morning and I'd like to introduce her to you.

Brenda is an employee of the Kettle Moraine School District in Wales, WI. She is their K-12 technology coorinator. She is working on creating the virtual school at Kettle Moraine which they hope to roll out next fall. She enrolled in this class to become more familiar with the formats of assessment in online learning to help instructors. She is also an instructor with the Business and Marketing Education Dept. at UW-Whitewater.

In addition to both of those jobs, Brenda is also working on her PhD at Cardinal Stritch University. Her dissertation topic is perceptions of stakeholders in K-12 online education. She lives in Cedar Grove, WI with her husband and 2 yr. old son.

I am certainly not sure how she does it all! I look forward to working with her.
Jennie/Burlington, WI

No comments:

Post a Comment